Sunday, June 03, 2007

Growing Girls...the mother of all adventures


We were over on one of our lovely Gulf Islands (Salt Spring) last weekend and while wondering around a cute little book store I found this... Growing Girls by Jeanne Marie Laskas.

I turned the book over and there was the cutest picture of Jeanne with her two girls adopted from China. Of course I had to buy it...I mean a book about being a mother to two girls from China. It looks like a perfect summer read. I also loved the cover...it caught my attention immediately. I have no idea if it is a good read...but by reading the back it sounds like a very light fun good read. I can dream about being a mom...while I read.

Just thought I would share....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have perked my interest!
Please let me know if it's a worthy read.
Heck I may not even wait to hear back from you and order it from my library today.
And Salt Spring?! How lucky are you, it beautiful there. Do you have a place there?

walternatives said...

I'm curious - what did you think of the book?