Monday, July 07, 2008

There is no question....WE ARE DEFINITELY NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

There she is folks....the last ROCK....The Sole Survivor.......

Yup, ONE rock left in the vase...we did miss the cut off by one day. It is official the cut off is January 25, 2006. As you know our log-in-date is January 26, 2006. Any ideas of what we should do with this rock after we get our referral in early August? It is no longer a question of "if" but "when"..."when will the August batch of referrals arrive?"

Families started receiving referrals today across Europe, US and Canada. Congratulations to all the families finally meeting the new addition to their family!!! Even though it is not yet our turn it is so very exciting seeing all the new babies!!!! Our turn will come...and guess what it will come in about 4 weeks!!!!!!!! I feel a lot of peace knowing we are NEXT! In about 4-weeks we will finally meet our baby! I am serious this time!!!! :) it is true we are NEXT! There is no doubt about it they will match one day and that means US!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

10 comments:

Juliette said...

Yeah to you! Just enjoy this last month of peace, life will never be the same after...

Norma said...

What is one month? Nothing.......4 weeks, 28 days, 672 hours!! Nothing! You are about to enter the most intense love affair of your life. Iain too!! Enjoy the last minute preparations and your last alone time. We are so happy for you both. It has been a long time coming and you will be brilliant parents to this precious little person.

rachel garber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachel garber said...

I am so excited for you!! I am sooo excited for you to get meet your little girl! As for the rock - you need to keep it and get a really rockin' (ha ha) Chinese porcelin something while you're over in her area picking her up and put the rock in there. Then have it in her room and someday you can tell her the story of all the rocks you put in a vase while waiting for her. She'll think you're odd until she's about 25 and then she'll realize it's the coolest gift she's ever been given.

Anonymous said...

Oh Christine!!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!! How exciting to know you are NEXT!!!! I agree with the last post...save the rock and place it in something meaningful to you, making it a gift someday will truly be something to treasure, something to remind you of how much more it symbolized :)

Hugs
Carrie

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hugs to ya that you missed out by one day but still... you are next and that is for sure... take care

The Hummel Family said...

Hi You...
I love the picture of the rock. Sooo symbolic of all you have been through. Definitely save it. Paint it? Put it in her room? She has to have it some day. OR... go and throw it in the ocean on referral day to symbolize the end of the wait. Can you believe about 3 weeks and the wait is OVER!!! Yippee!!! I am so glad it is finally YOUR TURN!!!! You are going to be the most amazing mom ever.
Love,
Michelle

my3 kids said...

OMG I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to hear all about sweet Mary Anne. Yippeeeee

Anonymous said...

Could you contact me please? My e-mail is color-in@home.nl and I've got some news and a question to ask (related to the Starfish foster home).

Jet

Anonymous said...

Christine!!!
It's Pam Cooper here! How exciting for you both. There may be a chance that we are able to get out your way from Calgary if things work out. Take care and all the best!
Pam
xo