Thursday, August 02, 2007

8 years ago today.....

I lost my Mother, Mary Anne. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about her and miss her. I miss her smile, laugh, kindness, hugs, thoughtfulness, listening ear, kind words and most of all her unconditional love. She was always there when I needed her. I hope I can one day be the mother she was to me. She was a beautiful person full of so much faith and love.




I came across a poem my Niece, Karen, wrote and read at her Meme's funeral. It is so beautiful I thought it needed to be written again. My niece was 16 or 17 years old at that time of her Meme's death. Karen was also my mother's Godchild.

Meme

Your soul is flying, free above,
Your body is here reflecting beauty and love,
Everything you touched is filled with power,
It cannot be any louder,
The times you were there,
The times you always cared,
Are memories we desperately need,
Because they give us strength to proceed.
Your heart is here with us everyday
As we work, and as we play.
We know you love us, we know you miss us,
Why you left, I'm not really sure,
Only God knows, to us it's a blur.
Let the angels take you Meme, show you on your way,
We will meet up with you another beautiful day.
I miss you Godmother; I love you
I dream of the day I will see you,
Shinning with light your arms open wide,
I run to you, but I do not cry.

...Karen

3 comments:

Kristine said...

What a beautiful poem and a very lovely memorial to your Mom.

LaLa said...

{{HUGS}}...I lost my mom 5 years ago and the pain never goes away...thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom, Christine. And how lovely it is that you're giving her name to the new little one soon to be coming into your life.

I'm touched. Really. And my heart goes out to you in what must be a very difficult time of year for you.