Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Nepal Adoptions - Petition


This was forwarded to me from a friend and I thought I would post it on our blog. If you do read this post can you please go to the link below and sign the petition. I know there are families anxiously awaiting news to be able to bring their babies home. I could not imagine being in this situation.

"There are lots of adopting parents who have had children proposed in Nepal. Most have already met their child. Then there was a change in government. Many of the parents are in Nepal with their child and are stuck there until the new government allows them to take their child home. This is costing them so much money to live there and to support their child, many of whom have medical expenses as well. Also there is no guarantee that they will ever be able to adopt that child. Some parents have had to come home without their child and send money for better care while they are in orphanages. Usually when there is a change in government, all old proposals continue to be processed. This is not the case in Nepal".

Hi, I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recentlysigned:

"Allow Pending Adoptions in Nepal to Continue"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Waiting_Parents_Nepal?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time. Thanks!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I wanted you to know that your beautiful package arrived today in great condition. And I totally adore the outfit. A perfect selection! I will post about it tomorrow. Thank you thank you.
It's very beautiful and something I would have picked myself.

4D said...

What a sad situation. Off to add my name!

Keep smilin!

Elizabeth said...

sorry I dont know why your avatar isnt showing up. try another picture?