Oh my gosh I just found out my volunteer position in Xi'an, China. I will be volunteering at the Starfish Foster Home !!!! AHHHHH!!!!! I am so excited. I can't believe it. I did not think I would get the opportunity to work in a Foster Home. NOW I am excited to go. I was nervous...now I am ready to go!!!!!!!!!
Oh my gosh...guess what my job duties are?... change diapers, feed babies and play! I am living the dream!...for one whole month I get to hold babies! Life cannot get any better. I will be in a place similar to where our little baby is going to be coming from. I can give all the love that I have and cuddles to some little babies waiting for their forever families! I am just exploding. This is obviously nothing like I am going to feel when we get our referral...but I have to say I am bursting!
I leave 2 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I already say that everyday for one month I get to hold little babies! I know at times it will be hard...but it is going to be an experience of a lifetime. During this whole wait I have felt at times that God is far away...well let me tell you right now he is sitting right beside me! This is a huge gift and I am very very fortunate to be able to volunteer at a Foster Home in China during this long wait for Mary Anne!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
AMAZING!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful opportunity for you. I had a look at Starfish's needs and am wondering if you are taking anything with you... would love to send a care package of bottles or clothing with you!!! Let us know.
Thanks so much Kristine and Shawn. I was initially told by the organization I am volunteering through that we were not allowed to bring anything as they don't want the volunteer placements to become dependent on volunteer's donations. BUT since I have looked at the website I am going to call the organization on Monday. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much!!! for your offer.
This is truly awesome! Is this the same place as Chinese Starfish (link on my blog)? I think this is really great karma for you. though I know you are doing it to learn and give back, I can't wait to follow along.
So exciting!
PS yes, please let me know if I can send stuff to help too!!!
This is fantastic news!
I love their blog, they do such an amazing job there and I am sure you will give and get so much from this experience. It will be something special you'll be able to share one day with your daughter.
Have a wonderful trip in China and please yes let me know too if we could help in a way or another.
What an incredible opportunity!
Yep. I'm still jealous of this amazing opportunity. And I can't wait to read updates from China (if you have the opportunity to post when you can tear yourself away from the babies).
Take care and safe travels!
Post a Comment