Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lots to say.....

If this photo of the "Little C Man" does not put a smile on your face nothing will.....!!!!!!!!! A friend sent this photo to me. She sent some clothes to Starfish and this is one of the outfits! Cute eh?!


Wow, it is February 28 already. I am ready for the referral rumours to start rolling in! It has been a fun month. I hosted a dinner party with a few Mothers and 12 Daughters!...oh and one son, we can't forget, Sam! It was really wonderful seeing the older girls interact with the younger ones. Here are a few photos from the evening and a little video clip of Asia and Bella! As you will see Bella had a RIOT with all the kids around. She loved the attention. I hope Mary Anne gets here quick as Bella turns 13 on March 15th! Thanks to everyone who attended!








100 Good Wish Quilt:

I have finally finished the quilt!!!! Thanks so much to Grandma Sally for helping me with this project. It has taken 2-years...but heck with the wait what does it matter. :) Thank you so much to everyone who sent a fabric piece and wish. It is really beautiful and I know it will bring Mary Anne a lot of comfort. It almost fits our King Size bed!!!!


My friend, Norma and her 12-year old daughter, Isabel head to Starfish tomorrow morning!!!! I am so excited for them. What a journey for Isabel. Of course I can't believe they will be holding Cailean in a matter of hours! I sent some outfits with Norma so you just might see a few more photos of Cailean in the coming days. tee hee You can follow along on their journey at N and I's blog. Best Wishes Norma and Isabel....you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Here are a couple cute updated photos of my little friend, Isabelle. Her cute little personality is really starting to show. I just want to eat her up!




After writing this post I realize how blessed I am. I have met so many wonderful people on this journey to our daughter. Although the wait is hard, it has so far been an incredible 2 and 1/2 year adventure. I have come to realize that the wait is all part of the adventure/part of the process. Thank you to everyone for caring and supporting us. I feel we are finally getting close to meeting our little girl. Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend my friend, Michelle, and her oldest daughter are visiting. They are waiting for their referral of their second little girl from China...this will be their fourth child! Say a little prayer for them as their log in date is January 6th!!!!!!!! They will meet their little girl any day now!!!! It will be exciting to be around Michelle all weekend as the next batch should be out any day now. We joke that we just might end up hanging around the computer all weekend checking RQ!

4 comments:

Tao's Mommy said...

Hi Christine.....not sure if you know this but I stumbled across a blog today and seen your little man. Thought I better share the link....
http://seventhdiamond.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-starfish-babies.html

Gail said...

Looks like a fun time!
Love the quilt!! Just beautiful!

Here's to speedier referrals!
Mary Anne just has to meet your sweet Bella!

Sharon said...

Love the picture of the C-Man! And your quilt turned out great. You've been quite busy this month. Thanks for the link to N and I's blog...that's very exciting.

Take care,
Sharon

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will have to check out their site and it is great they get to see your little man... I agree... the wait is awful but the way I see it... we need (well, I need) this wait so that when our turn comes I will appreciate what I have (when we get Shauna) and that the with the wait... I made some wonderful friends that I know I will keep forever... take care...