"The lifelike warriors was made more than two thousand years ago."

My flights are all booked. I am volunteering through the organization Cross Cultural Solutions (CCS). I leave on August 31 (my Birthday - what a present!) and return on September 29. What is Iain going to do for one whole month without me! :) CCS request that you pick your top three volunteer positions from their list: I have requested to either work in a Foster Home, Teach English to Primary Grades, Work with Disabled Children. I hope to be assigned to one of these positions. I will not find out until approximately two weeks prior to travel. There will be other volunteers...so really I will not be totally alone. I am already learning so much by investigating the Geography of China and checking the area of where I will be going. I have weekends and evenings off so I hope to visit the sights. CCS also offers Cultural Activities in the afternoons such as cooking lessons, language, art, history etc... I think they offer a really great balance of volunteering and learning of the culture.
Look out China here I come!
I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity....something amazing to look forward to during this LONG wait.
1 comment:
I am so in awe of you.
I'm glad you are taking your laptop. What a life changing thing you are doing, both your life and the lives of others. I look forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment