When I thought of my mother I was sad that she is not here with us to celebrate Mother's Day. It is almost 8 years since she past away and I still ache for her. I would have loved the opportunity to say thanks for being such a special mother, friend and meme. She would been so proud of all her children and grandchildren and would be just glowing today in the love from everyone. She was one special Mother!! I miss her so much and today is a day I give thanks for all the wonderful years we did have together.
Then of course I (occasionally :) ) felt sorry for myself for going through yet another Mother's Day without Mary Anne! I keep saying to myself "this will be your last". I sure the heck hope so....but you never know. Today I said a little prayer for Mary Anne's birthmother and for all the other "waiting" mothers!! To all you waiting mothers we will be holding our little babies soon. Thanks to Iain for making this "soon-to-be mother's-day" extra special.
Later this afternoon I received the most touching gift from a wonderful friend I met through one of the China Adoption Yahoo Chat groups I belong to. (Although I did have to call the Flower Shop to see who it was from! :) ) Her name is Michelle. Michelle I can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness. You are so sweet. I made it through pretty much the entire day with only a few tears...you got me going! :) Below is a photo of the gift I received. Words can't express how I felt when I opened up the card and read:


Michelle...Thank you so much for thinking of me on this day.
Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law and to all you other wonderful mothers out there!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to join the Club!!!
2 comments:
Isn't it amazing the support you can find from people who are walking this journey with you or have done so already? Happy belated Mother's day to you.
What a wonderful gift!! I also had a gift from my secret pal from my DTC group. These ladies are such an AMAZING support!!! The news looks good and I am optomistic that we will all be with our daughters sooner than we think!!
Post a Comment