

I am going to Xi'an, China for the month of September to volunteer. Unless of course a miracle occurs in the next few months and things pick up with regards to us receiving our proposal! :)
I have mixed emotions. At times I am very excited and others nervous and anxious. I have never travelled overseas before or travelled so far alone. BUT I could not pass on this opportunity to go and live in Mary Anne's culture for one month and to give back a little to the country that will be giving us the most amazing gift. I am excited to learn and meet fascinating people. I plan on taking my computer and posting regularly about my volunteer experience. I will not find out my volunteer position until 2-weeks prior to travel but I hope to be working with children in some capacity.
If anyone has been to Xi'an, China and has any recommendations I would love to hear them. If anyone has any thoughts, advice or suggestions I would also love to hear them. :) Please leave a Comment. I will have the weekends off so I hope to explore the area.
OH MY GOSH I AM GOING TO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
4 comments:
Wow. That is an amazing opportunity! I am planning on travelling alone to get my girl when the time comes and the idea of doing it solo is a bit daunting. I hope you bring your laptop and post your impressions. Sorry I have no travel tips. But I'm very happy for you.
What an exciting opportunity!! My Mom travels all over the world solo. She always packs very lightly and comes home loaded with goodies!! She loved traveling through Asia and found the people very warm,kind and helpful. Hope that you do too!!!
That is amazing! What a time that will be.
Keep smilin!
I. am. so. jealous.
Seriously!
I think this is awesome, Christine, and I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. And don't worry a bit about traveling solo. You'll meet the most amazing people that way.
Post a Comment