Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where to start..............

First and most importantly I need to share some updated photos we received!!!!!!!!! Man she is CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So much has happened over the last 12-days since we received the information on our beautiful little girl. Last Thursday evening we had a wonderful celebration with some friends and family, we booked our flights!, filled out our visa applications and sent them off, sent Mary Anne a care package, put in a request at www.blessedkids.com for additional photos, tried to find out information about the Xiajiang Social Welfare Institute and sent in a request at www.research-china.org to see about obtaining a copy of Mary Anne's Finding Ad.

Mary Anne's Care Package


Then we left Friday afternoon for a week holiday at the cottage. I have to say it was tough relaxing at a place that has no phone or Internet access after receiving just joyful news! I was biting at the bit to get going on things. BUT in the end I absolutely loved having a week to just stare at Mary Anne's face to day dream, think and pray. I can now close my eyes and visualize her entire face. I thought a lot about her birth mother and wish I could tell her that Mary Anne will be loved. She will always be in our thoughts and prayers.

I also spent the week putting the Wish Book together for her 100-Good Wish Quilt. THANK YOU to everyone who sent a piece of fabric and wish over 2 years ago! I waited to have Mary Anne's photo before doing the book. It was so beautiful to read all these wishes for Mary Anne while having her photo close by.

100 Good Wish Book and Quilt


Where is Mary Anne? She is the Jiangxi Province - the South East Part of China. Can you find it?

A family that we will be traveling with us found these photos of the Xiajiang SWI. This is where Mary Anne is waiting for us.





She is approximately 5,872 miles from us.

There seems to be so much to say. I still can't believe this is all happening. I am a MOM!!!!!!!!! We are Parents!!!! We feel so blessed! We are so lucky! We are so fortunate!

Thank you for all the comments and wonderful words of congratulations....and just in case you forgot what she looked like...tee hee...Here she is again!

We leave on September 20th! We will be holding Mary Anne on September 22!! I can't wait to pick her up, squeeze her, kiss those lips and throw her in the air (and of course catch her!) :)

8 comments:

Mike, Terri and Ava said...

Thank you for sharing your joy with us. As parents-in-waiting, it makes our wait so much easier seeing the referrals and living vicariously through fellow bloggers. Our turn is coming but it can be soon enough. I look forward to following your journey to your beautiful daughter. Thanks again.

Juliette said...

Thanks for the update pics. What a sweetheart!!!
Was smart the go away from everything and rest in a peaceful and quiet place. It will be over soon trust me...
Have fun packing and organizing. It will go fast now.

Jet said...

Updated pics! She's a beauty Christine! Can't wait to see her in your arms....

Jet

Sharon said...

What a great post, Christine and LOVE the updated photos!! She looks spunky!!

Congratulations on your quick travel plans. Have a great trip.

Sharon

Alyson and Ford said...

She's a doll!! Yes, Ford left a comment earlier... I am just catching up reading your blog.
Glad to hear about your travel date - we are so excited for you.

Alyson
DOR 08/12/08

Deb said...

She is absolutly adorable!

Norma said...

We are home and what great news to see a new photo of Mary Anne. She looks older and very contemplative! In this photo she does look like Iain!!! So funny!!
We love her too!! I can't believe it is just over three weeks until you get her. God has been good to us Christine. Call me if you want to do coffee.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Goosebumps... cannot believe you have new pictures.. oh she is a doll... (I have been away... so I am catching up)... I am so excited for you...