






Iain and I with the Taylors made it out to the Chinese New Year Parade. Although it was crowded and a bit difficult to see it was a great experience. We look forward to taking Mary Anne next year. We will definitely get there a little earlier for a better view! After the parade at the suggestion of the Lincolns, :) Iain and I went to the Chinese Temple. The temple is located through a small door and up three flights of stairs into a front room. Of all the times we have been to Chinatown we have never noticed the door to the Temple. Thank you to the Lincolns for suggesting such a great idea and giving us directions! What a beautiful place.
Do you notice the lettuce and five dollar bills hanging in the Chinese Temple doorway? I am trying to find out the significance. I do know that lettuce on the dinner table during this festive occasion symbolizes money.
No comments:
Post a Comment