Monday, October 20, 2008

Surprise Shower from our Lake Friends....

We made it to the cottage this weekend! Mary Anne's first!! She did amazingly on the 2.5 hour drive strapped in a car seat. On the way up she slept for 2 of the 2.5 hours. She also did not have any disruptions in her sleeping...even though she was in yet another new place and in a Pack N Play. She ROCKS! We think she loves the cottage, fresh air and all her new friends. We absolutely loved having her with us. The cottage really is a great family place. No distractions...just family time.

Well, little did I know one of our lake neighbours (Dianne and Ron) was planning a surprise shower for me and Mary Anne. Iain of course was a part of the plan. Sunday on our way out, heading back home we were to stop at Ron and Dianne's for a quick visit. Well SURPRISE!! I was overwhelmed! Boy they are sneaky! We met our Lake Friends just 6 months ago...this was our first summer at the Lake. I am speechless at everyone's generosity and kindness. Some people drove all the way to the Lake just for the shower! I could not believe that everyone took the time to come and celebrate with us and to meet Little Miss Mary Anne. Of course she smiled away at everyone. She did awesome considering it was through her nap time! We received so many nice gifts!! I love every single one of them!!!! All the gifts are Lake gifts!...all pjs, shoes, blankets, toys and clothes etc etc...are for the Lake. How cool is that!

Here is a photo of all the gifts....

Here is a couple photos of Mary Anne's new Lake Coat!!! Thank you Izzy and Murray. Not long after we met Ron and Dianne. Dianne told me I needed a Lake Coat. So off I went to Mark's Work Warehouse and bought a Lake Coat. I think our next family photo at the cottage will be of us in our Lake Coats!



Here is a photo of Mary Anne in her new outfit from Ron and Dianne.

Thank you so much Ron and Dianne for hosting such a beautiful afternoon. We are so fortunate! I can't wait for Mary Anne to spend her summers getting to know all her Lake friends!!!

Mary Anne started doing the stomach shuffle today! I think she will be crawling in no time!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun-and always remember-what comes around goes around-you are fortunate to have such good friends because you are good friends
Love Ya-still thinking of you and can't wait to meet her!!!
love Lynanne

Anonymous said...

What fun-and always remember-what comes around goes around-you are fortunate to have such good friends because you are good friends
Love Ya-still thinking of you and can't wait to meet her!!!
love Lynanne