Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where has the time gone?

What an adorable sweet perfect little face





Wow, I can’t believe how long it has been since I posted. Sorry about that! Sorry to keep everyone hanging on as to how Mary Anne is doing! I can’t believe we have been home 2-weeks tomorrow. Although it feels like we were in China ages ago.


Life in our household is fabulous! Mary Anne is the sweetest little girl and brings us so much joy. She is a lot of fun to have around. I love having a friend to play with all day!


It took us about one week but we are now on a routine!…she eats, plays and has two naps a day! She loves food, her bottle and is a deep sleeper. When she is awake she is on the move. Her legs are always moving. Her favourite thing to do is walk while Mommy or Daddy holds her hands. She is not crawling yet but she can certainly get around by rolling and twisting. The biggest smile we get is when she sees her bottle. She squeals with excitement! One of my many favourite times is in the morning when I go into her room to get her out of her crib. She looks at me with this big smile as if she is saying “Yipppee it is still you!” When I lift her out of the crib she smiles and kicks her legs with excitement and is ready to start her day. She is very vocal and babbles away all day. She lets you know what she wants. She knows how to do Patty Cake and will occasionally wave bye-bye. She LOVES music and will swing her arms and move her upper body when she hears it.


I absolutely love being a mother. It is bringing me so much joy. Everyday I remind myself of how blessed I am to have been given such a beautiful gift. She is perfect in so many ways. I know from all the nieces and nephews we have that we are lucky that she goes to bed easily and sleeps through the night. Having good sleeping habits makes life so much easier! She seems to love both her Mommy and Daddy and enjoys time with both of us. It is amazing how she has adjusted so well in such a short time. She is so happy and social that sometimes it is easy to forget all the changes and all the FIRSTS that are happening in her life.


Things she loves:

  1. Bottle
  2. Pureed Carrots and Pears
  3. Home cooked meals. Likes to eat what Iain and I are eating!
  4. Trying to walk
  5. Jolly Jumper
  6. Outdoors
  7. Bath
  8. Books
  9. Music
  10. Baby Bjorn
  11. Being picked up and held

Things she is indifferent about: (doesn’t cry but doesn’t smile either!)

  1. Jogging Stroller
  2. Stroller
  3. Car Seat


Things she does not like:

  1. Pretty much all fruit except for Pears. She seemed to enjoy Mandarin Oranges following Thanksgiving Dinner but now she spits them out.
  2. All cold food.
  3. Having to wait for her bottle!


She had her first doctor’s appointment and once again was a trooper! She gave a little cry while getting two shots one in each leg. She quickly recovered and they did not seem to bother her one bit the rest of the day. She weighs 17 lbs and is healthy!


Have I mentioned how cute she is???? Here are some updated photos…that I know you have all been waiting for!


Waving bye bye....before heading on a run

Her favourite position!
Poor Bella always seems to rest in the wrong spot!


Mary Anne meeting her friend, Isabelle for the first time.

Mary Anne wanting to get Bella but can't figure out how....
Playing with Bella




Well I think soon I will put an end to our "Journey to Mary Anne". I will post a few more times...:) We started the process to adopt from China in early October 2005. Three years later we have our little girl home with us. The timing was all perfect! We are now excited to start the next phase of our live together as a family....

7 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for posting. I was having withdrawl! And wondering how all was going. I must concur, she is so lovely. I love the Mary Anne and doggie pics, too cute. I'd be disappointed not to follow along on the blog, but I also understand, it's hard to keep up. Take care.

Norma said...

I missed you!!!!!!! She is adorable. Enjoy this special time together. Let me know when you are receiving company.

Monique said...

I love your blog and the beautiful pictures of your daughter. I hope and pray that one day I will be able to post pictures of my daughter from China. Mary Anne puts a smile on my face, she's so precious.
Monique

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Christine! I love the one of Bella with Mary Anne jolly jumping away right by her face! haha! Dogs are so funny. They want to be close at any price. They will be good friends.
Yes we are lucky to have our girls. I don't think we will ever take them for granted. We are so blessed.

Love
Michelle

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What a doll... still can't believe she is there with you... I am glad you are so happy - of course who wouldn't be... there are somethings more exciting then blogging... take care

Anonymous said...

Oh Christine!!!!! I love seeing pictures of your daughter!! I miss talking with you. Please keep in touch. We have shared so much in our journies to our children...I will miss you terribly. I will be keeping my blog through Anthony's upcoming surgery...

Blessings and hugs to my friend
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us make the journey with you.

Love ya , B R I A N