Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a weekend!!!!....a Shower from my girlfriends

First, here is a little video of Mary Anne doing the hand to mouth action while eating a Mum Mum!!! Yipppeee!! She has been (with some assistance) doing this for the last couple of days. But today I put her in her high chair gave her a Mum Mum and she immediately put it in her mouth! This is a big step!!! I could tell she was very proud of herself. This is the only thing she will put in her mouth. She will pick up a Cheerio, put will not put it in her mouth unless you guide her hand.

Oh I just love this video. I love her little laugh! I just want to eat her up! Check out her hair!!!! tee hee




Today Mary Anne and I attended a shower at my friend, Marnie's house. I am not going to post photos yet as I am waiting for more from my friends. I will then do a little slide show. I do want to say we had the most amazing afternoon. The theme of the shower was Asian...lots of beautiful decorations and food!! It was so nice to spend an afternoon with all these beautiful women in my life. I felt so much love for Mary Anne. All these wonderful people who will be in her life. We are so fortunate!!!

Now I just have to comment on the Gift!!!! tee hee Everyone always teases me that I am a Mom that has everything...and what do you buy a Mom who has everything?....well they came up with the perfect gift. We received a Gift Certificate for FotoArt Photography. Check out her site! Go to her portfolio of children...amazing! I cannot wait to have her take photos of Mary Anne!!! Thank you! Thank you!!!! Everyone of my friends/family has waited with us.....I still cannot believe that today Mary Anne and I were at Marnie's celebrating her arrival. Unbelievable!!!!

4 comments:

my3 kids said...

Christine,

Marry Anne is soooo cute in that video...love her laugh and I can see why you would want to eat her up. It looks like she is settling into her new life really well. What a fun shower adn the photography gift sounds amazing. Can't wait to see pix. Have a great week!!

Dave & Jen said...

Hi Christine.
I got this link through Lynanne Sparling. Hope it's O.K. Anyways, your daughter is just beautiful. You look to have a great family. My wife and I adopted from China as well. Our daughter is from Qianjiang,Chongqing. Here is our blog if you are interested. (you can contact me through links there if you'd like)
journey2ali.blogspot.com
Dave Loebach

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

It has been a while since visiting you but you had popped into my mind and I was wondering how you were going and to see how Miss Mary Anne was... seems she is going great... take care

Alyson and Ford said...

How are you doing? Hope all is well with your precious daughter!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for FIVE Months!