Saturday, October 04, 2008

WE ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Our first family photo in Victoria!
Seeing her room that has been around for a couple of years! for the first time!!! :)

Her first stand on the kitchen counter!



Mary Anne sleeping through the whole celebration at the Airport!

Grandma and Auntie Monica trying to fit all the ballons in the car! very funny to watch!
Some of the McAuley and Alexander clan

So sorry for such a delayed post to report our arrival. We are all doing great but busy as every parent would understand. Mary Anne is a gem! She had a great first night. It is unbelievable really. We are expecting the worse but really so far it has been good. She only woke once last night and went back to sleep which is truly a miracle. She had one long nap today and went to bed tonight at 7:30 so we are keeping our fingers crossed for another great night. We both also feel fantastic. I don't know what it. I think it might be the Jet Lag stuff I took and feel really good. But Iain did take and also feels good. Maybe are just very excited first time parents? :)

It was so wonderful to see everyone at the airport even though the little princess slept through the whole experience! We are very touched to all who came. Wow what welcome we had and what a crowd! We will never forget our arrival! Yahooo!!!!!!!!! What an welcome Mary Anne had to Victoria.

She is doing fantastic and taking it all in with her big brown eyes. We tried in a few new things today...the high chair, jolly jumper and exercisers. She loves them all but only for short periods.
It is feel so wonderful to be home and enjoy our time together and not busy rushing around everywhere. BUT we really miss our travel friends. So I can't wait until everyone settles down and we can catch up.

Thanks also to everyone who dropped by it was wonderful to see you and for you to meet Mary Anne. We look forward very much to the play dates that lie ahead!

OMG I just did a head drop into the computer I am falling a sleeep! tee hee I better close this post I wanted to let you know that we are home and and everyone seems happy. We are aiming to be up and out of here for 9:15 Mass and then breakfast. So I guess what we did in China, all the packing and going will come in handy tomorrow morning. Ok i better get to sleep while she is sleeping. It is absolutely wonderful having Pepe and my sister here with us and Grandpa and Grandma and Auntie Monica close by. thank you!

The photos are in no order to tired to straighten them out. We will post more soon of the little peanut!

9 comments:

rachel garber said...

Welcome home! With each of my parent's arrivals, the new kiddo was always fast asleep and missed all the fun, so don't take it personally :) Can't wait to watch all the new adventures you guys will have in Vancouver!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home safe and sound. Love the airport picture. Wow - what a homecoming. I love the picture of the two of you in her bedroom too. Yay! That beautiful room will finally get some use.
Gobble it all up, drink it all in, praise God for miracles.

Michelle

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Welcome home... glad it went ok... yeah... you had best get off the computer and sleep before you get imprints in your head... tip for the balloons (I work with all that) put them in big garbage bags and that they won't go all through the car while you are driving... hehehe... future reference... take care

Norma said...

Does my heart good to see her at home with her family. Will miss you at Church today.......I am working.......but do say hi to Derek and my girls. They think Mary Anne is pretty special.

Anonymous said...

glad to see you home-it's great that your dad and cor could be there!!!(and all of ian's family of course!!!)settle in and we can't wait till you come back here so we can meet her!!
PS did you see any butterflies??
Love Lynanne

Sharon said...

Wow! It took me a couple of weeks to feel ready to attempt Mass. We made it to the gospel and then had to stand in the back of the church!

Love the photos. It does feel good to be home and not living out of a hotel room. She's just adorable.

Best Wishes,
Sharon

Jet said...

Welcome home Mary Anne!!!

Jet

Anonymous said...

Christine, you already had a beautiful smile, but it's like it has been super charged and lit up from within.
Lucky daddy, Lucky mama, and Lucky baby!!!!

Lucy Lu

Beth said...

So glad you're all safe and happy. What a trooper she is to have settled in so well. We had some really tough nights getting readjusted so I don't wish that on anyone. The three of you look so calm and happy together (I say that in every comment I know). It's just so sweet to see and I know that after the long wait you must just be letting out one big sigh and feel so at peace to be at home and altogether. Blessings.