Saturday, October 20, 2007

AHHHHH!!!! I am "Goin' back to China"....

No, again not for Mary Anne. I guess I have some unfinished business with my little buddy, Cailean. I thought Mary Anne was going to be Part Two, well, it looks like she is going to be Part Three.

My favourite photo of Cailean and me!


I am leaving one week today for the Starfish Foster Home!...October 27th...unbelievable. Everything has fallen into place so quickly. I can't believe I get to see all the children of Starfish again!!!!! I did not know a week ago I would be going back to China. Amanda e-mailed to say that Cailean's surgery will be early November and I feel in my heart it is where I need to be...to care for him. His surgery will take place in Shanghai. Rose and Nathaniel will also be having their surgery. All three babies will be heading to Shanghai on November 1. I get to be with the two little ones who really touched my heart (well they all did but...) Cailean and Rose.

Here the three of us are....

It seems I will be at Starfish in Xi'an until November 1st and then in Shanghai until Cailean has recovered enough to travel back to Xi'an. Once again I have all the same emotions I had last time about travelling alone and being away from Iain for so long. I know once I get there and hold Cailean, Rose and all the other babies...my worries will melt away.

I have done a bit of shopping since deciding to go back to China. Look how cute this little outfit is for Cailean. It will be his outfit for either going to or when he leaves the hospital. Although I might have to put him in it on him right away as it is just too cute. I will be with Cailean at the hospital. As Amanda mentioned no plush hotel for me in Shanghai.

Another amazing thing is I get to fly to Beijing with a friend from Victoria who will be travelling to get her daughter, Isabelle! They received their referral in early September. They are using the same facilitator, Family Outreach International. It will be exciting to be travelling with all the couples heading to get their babies!

I hope to again post daily. Although I am not sure of the internet access while at the Shanghai Children's Hospital. I might have to get Iain to post for me.

This feels like a miracle that I get to go back and care for Cailean.

While I am in China I will think A LOT of all the waiting parents and pray that CCAA picks things up! I wish that every waiting parent could have their dream come true now!

9 comments:

the mommy said...

Oh my gosh this is fantastic. I am so happy for you and will certainly be watching your journey... AGAIN!

Susan R

the mommy said...

P.S. Love Zutano :)

I just won a $125 gift certificate from them

Juliette said...

Ok this is crazy! I am just so happy you can go back. How do you do with your work, the money...but I guess when you love everything is possible! It is so wonderful for Cailean and Rose that you will be with them in these tough moments.
I wish I would have known early (but even you didn't know) and I would have sent you some stuffs for the kids. Or maybe I could try to pass them to Yulin if she travels with you from Vancouver. What does Amanda and the kids would need most? Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hello Christine! I am so happy for you and for Cailean, Rose and all the children to reunite with you. Of course you must give big hug to our Anthony :) I look forward to your posts again...in China!!!!!!! Take care and safe travels! Carrie

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

OMG!!! Though I can understand about the 'unfinished business'... I tell you if I could I would be there right with you... though I have to stay at work to get my hours up for Health Insurance for when we get our baby... the downfall for me... I tell you something... because of you I considered it very, very much about going and in turn ended up sending a box of goodies... Have the best time (as best as you can) and I will be looking for updates... I will have to live through you... lol

Anonymous said...

Way to go World Travelor.
Have a wonderful time with your new brud of kids.
You sure look natural holding the Little ones.
I look forward to having a cup of tea upon your return.
Safe journey.
Love
Helen Doug and Sophie Anne (17 on October 21)

Gerry &Dad said...

Christine we are really happy for you. This will certainly be a special treat for you & the children, to be able to care for them & to be with them again. We pray that the surgery goes well for the little ones.
Love Dad & Betty

Kristine said...

Wow!! How exciting and I guess I can't send anything along as your last post says you suitcases are full!! Our thoughts will be with you and the little ones, we hope for their quick recoveries. Hopefully we can meet for tea when you return...

Jo said...

Hello, I was so happy to find your blog and read about your adventures at Starfish! I just love Rose and enjoy the pictures and videos you've posted of her! Mary Anne is beautiful as well and sounds like so much fun.

Jo