Grandma Sally (my mother-in-law) just came by and made the most beautiful gift for Cailean. She made him the CUTEST quilt!! The most amazing part is she only found out a week ago I was going back to China! What an amazing woman...with such a huge heart. I am touched beyond words.
On the back of the quilt on the personalized patch she signed:
"Made by Grandma Sally in Victoria, Canada. For Cailean. A little boy, far away, who stole our hearts. Fall 2007"
Look how cute this quilt is. I can just see Cailean all wrapped up. The back fabric is fleece so nice and soft. The dogs are adorable!!! with their little tongues hanging out and tails wagging. The border is amazing with all the different dogs. The photo truly does not show how beautiful and detailed it is. This is something Cailean will always have...where ever he ends up.
I also want to say thank you to all the people who have passed along items for me to take to Starfish and those who made a donation. I have a large duffel bag and half of my suitcase full of stuff! I am sorry to the people who offered and I was unable to take anymore. I will remember you on my next trip. hee hee hee!
Thank you....thank you...thank you....
5 comments:
This is amazing! Some kiddos are going to be spoiled and they so deserve it. Your family is so generous and supportive, this is great.
Have a fantastic trip Christine, I can't wait to follow your new adventures.
I bet that never in your wildest dreams did you think that you would end up back in China... I will admit... I was very, very close to doing it and going over but I have to get hours for Health Insurance at work I need a little extra to cover for a child. So, hopefully we get her next year to use this extra time and I am going to Australia in January to see my family.
Look forward to catching up on all that goes on at Starfish and with all the baby Starfishes...
Christine... a reply to the comment you left on my site... yes, the package did arrive and I must say... I shed a few tears when it did... don't know why though? I guess cause I was doing something 'positive' with the wait and that the babies got their stuff... that made me happy... take care.
Oh Christine - this is just so amazing that you're heading back again already. I think it's so wonderful that you're able to do this.
Thank you so much for the lovely quilt square - it will have a place of honor in Ava's quilt. I can't wait to tell her all about you and Mary Anne when you finally bring her home.
Take care of yourself while you're back in China. I'm so looking forward to hearing (reading) all about it.
Christine,
Wanted to wish you God speed and tell you I wish I was going with you!!! I put Cailean and Roses's names and all the kids at Starfish in the prayer book at Church today. We have decided to definitely volunteer next March and will book in December.
We will try to follow in your footsteps and be hopefully some comfort and help to Amanda and her staff and the dear little children.
Love,
Norma and the girls
Post a Comment