I arrived late last night at about 9:30 p.m. (October 28) and all the children were tucked in. I did peek in on Cailean since he sleeps in an open room and I would not disturb many of the others. But he started kicking his legs so I backed away! I did not want to wake him although it was very tempting. As they say “never wake a sleeping baby”!
Other than being a bit emotional, all my flights and transfers were bang on. I thought this time would be easier on me emotionally but I guess I was fooled. I really miss the children at Starfish but I also know now how long 3 weeks is without Iain and I want Mary Anne!! I was tempted at the Beijing Airport to turn around. I know once I hold the little guy in my arms and see all the smiling faces I will quickly remember why I am here and my sadness will slip away. The travelling is the hardest part.
It was absolutely wonderful having my friend Kristen and her little 7 year old son, Davey, and two other great couples on the plane with me from Vancouver to Beijing. As I mentioned in a past post they are on their way to get their daughters!!! Wow!!! It was pretty nice seeing the energy…although everyone looked pretty tired at the Beijing Airport. J It was REALLY hard leaving them at the baggage claim area in Beijing. I was walking away alone from the security of eight very nice people who spoke excellent English! I tackled a lot of things out of my comfort zone yesterday. I was a bit nervous that my driver at the Xian airport might not be there to pick me up. But I was nervous for nothing. As soon as I retrieved my bags and walked out to the waiting area there was this very pleasant, smiling, kind, nicely dressed man holding a big sign with the name, “CHRISTINE”. You could not miss him. Then off we went to Starfish. It is so strange being back. I really need to learn Mandarin. It is so sad…the driver seemed so nice and all we could do was smile back and forth at one another.
Amanda has an apartment on the first floor of the building where Starfish is located, (Starfish is on the 5th floor). The apartment is lovely!! If anyone is ever interested in coming to volunteer the apartment truly is very nice. It doesn’t have internet down here but that is something I am going to work on!
Whenever I was feeling down during my travels here I would just think about the Quilt and Blankets I have to give to the kids. Thank you again Grandma and the blanket crew!!! I can’t wait. Amanda is away until later today. I want her present when I hand them out! Oh and I was successful bringing two very large bags both weighing 20 kgs. on my domestic flight. That is way over my personal limit. I heard that they were pretty laid back about that. Well…they did not even bat and eye. So I arrived paying no extra weight fee! Someone was looking out for me the entire day.
I wish Kristen and (Dave who had to stay back in Victoria with their other son), and all the other couples the most incredible experience over the next 2-weeks. Actually as I type this they will be receiving their daughters in a matter of hours! I wonder how they slept last night. There are 10 couples in their group. I did not realize how difficult it would be coming back again. The last time I left China I said “the next time I am back in this Country it will be to get Mary Anne” and I will be with Iain….
A quick note….”Very important information on the adoption”! RUMOURS right now are the CCAA matched up to December 12 or 13th! That would be absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would mean they matched 12 or 13 days. They have not matched that many days in MONTHS maybe even a YEAR! Maybe just maybe there is hope they can get through December 05 in 2 to 3 months. Which would mean we could possibly receive our referral in early February or March 08? We really are getting close! I am very excited for all the December families who will be in this big batch when they thought it might still be months!
Oh and one more thing…I know in the adoption community people talk about renting a cell phone from Panda Phone. Well I took their advice and it was here when I arrived! Great service!!! I already used it to all Iain!!
I will post some updated photos of the little ones very soon!!! As I know that is what everyone wants to see!!!! I guess I can get ready and head up there!!!
Thanks for all your prayers and support.
Lucy, Kristen and I really missed you on the flight and I really miss you here!
PS I AM CURRENTLT HOLDING CAILEAN ON MY LAP AND TYPING ONE HANDED!!!! HE IS SMILING HAVING A DUMP! WE HAVE A NEW BABY. A 2 MONTH OLD GIRL!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm happy to hear you arrived safely. I can't wait to follow your journey...again. Love the blog.
Sharon in FL
LID 1-16-06 for Mary Alice
It is great to hear that you arrived safely. As for going out of your 'comfort zone'... that is a good thing to do every now and again... I look forward to following the rest of your journey and adventures... have a great time... Fliss
Enjoy every second of this new adventure! Can't wait to see the pics of the kiddos with their blankets.
Mother Theresa is back!
This will be a whole new experience this time around. Soak it up and enjoy.
Luv Wendy
You always amaze me! What an experience!
Ren
Post a Comment