
Trish, Me, Cailean and another little spina bifida baby...
As I am sure you all guessed, I miss that little guy! :) I have a cried a few tears.Amanda arrived Monday later afternoon to relieve me. Although to my surprise she approached the Nursing Station and got Cailean out for a dinner date! So Trish, Cailean, Amanda and I headed into a cab for dinner. We had to have Cailean back by 8:30 for his penicillin injection. We went to a great Thai Restaurant and Cailean slept in my arms during our entire dinner. Boy, did I love doing the "one-hand eating thing". With all his bandages it looked like we high jacked him from the hospital. Trish's driver took us back to the Hospital where I said my final goodbye to Cailean. Ok guess what?...he started CRYING when I handed him to Amanda!!! Talk about breaking my heart. We did have a long good bye conversation and private alone time before Amanda arrived. I also brought the quilt from Grandma back with me. I had to have a little something from our time together. I will put it away and send it to him when he is with his Forever Family. I plan to put a scrapbook together which I will also send to him one day. I feel very fortunate and blessed to have had this opportunity...and I look forward to the day when I see Cailean again. If it is in God's plan maybe we will one day be his forever family....you never know. Although this is highly unlikely I do believe miracles can happen.
Cailean and me at the Thai restaurant...

I spent my last evening with Trish and Dan. Here is the view from their 32nd. floor apartment! Stunning!!! That is The Bund...the famous historical area along the river. I will also miss Trish. She is such a kind woman with a huge heart. What an angel. Just before I left she gave me pearl earings and a pearl necklace, which, she said is a gift from Cailean to say Thank you!

A little guy in the hospital...he loved my camera!

Another little one...His dad made him a little wagon out of a plastic container and plastic bag.
Our friend and roommate in the next bed over from Cailean....She is one tough little girl!
2 comments:
I am praying for that miracle! I think about the both of you everyday and how you should eb together! Hang in there!
Christine... I think that you will get that miracle... I mean look at it this way. Did you ever think that you would end up in China in the first place then to find yourself flying over there weeks later again...I think that you will get to see Cailean again... the way that the Forever Family gets photos etc from Starfish... I am sure that they will put the family in touch with you or something... since you did look after Cailean that whole time... look at the miracle you caused for me... never did I think that because of you going to China and 'blogging' back from the Foster Home did I discover the place and in turn I ended up sending that box of clothes over there... so yeah... I believe in miracles...
Post a Comment