Monday, November 05, 2007

Rose's surgery....

Rose
Rose had her surgery late yesterday afternoon. She is one amazingly tough little girl. She seems to just take things as they come. She has to wear these braces on her arms so she doesn't touch her nose but no big deal for Rose. She is also on no pain killers which is pretty remarkable.

Cailean and I spent the afternoon at the hospital. Cailean is a BIG hit with the volunteers from Love without Boundaries. Oh my gosh...he is a flirt. Everyone wants to hold him. Someone said "boy would I love to take him home". My response was "oh no you don't if anyone takes him home it is me!". Here are a couple photos of Cailean sleeping in the big bed of ours. He looks so cute in white. :) He had a pretty rough night last night...I am hoping tonight is better.




This afternoon while at the hospital Amanda took me to the fifth floor (Cailean's floor) to meet this little baby from Tibet. Her name is Nua Na Bai Mu. Amanda met her and her mother when she was here in mid-October. This little baby had a tumor removed that weighted about 6 pounds. The tumor was a parasitic twin that did not form properly and had been using Hua Na Bai Mu's nutrients. The tumour was located on her backside. The story of this little girl is on the news here in China. Apparently the father wanted to get rid of the baby but the mother refused. The tumour continued to grow so a friend of the mother started a website. People in Shanghai found the website and sponsored the surgery and the little girl's education. The surgery was successful and she is doing very well. Look how beautiful she is. It was so lovely seeing her mother by her side.




I know there is a website dedicated to Hua Na Bai Mu story and her progress. A volunteer wrote it out for me but I have misplaced it. I will post it when I get it therefore if anyone is interested in reading more about this little girl they can.

5 comments:

Juliette said...

Rose is a trooper! And and understand why everybody would fall in love with Cailan.
The story of this little girl is amazing. It is fantastic to see moms battling like that for their child. I guess it's bitter sweet for us but at the end it's best for the kids.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You ask me - all those kids are troopers... me, I would be sobbing like a baby... well, not those babies... it was nice to hear the story of the other girl from Tibet and that she is doing ok now...

Anonymous said...

Sara looks so strong and healthy. We will continue to pray for all the children and for you.Love Corinne and Bill

Gerry &Dad said...

It,s good to hear that Rose finally had her surgery. Nua Na Bai Mu is certainly a cutie, you could bring her home to us. We hope Cailean's surgery goes has planned. Stay well & enjoy your stay. Give Cailean a hug for us.
Love Dad & Betty

Anonymous said...

Hello Christine! I am so proud of you!!! You are a strong Mother to stand there with all of these children in need. I pray for you and all of the children to return safely to Starfish. The children look so healthy and well taken care of there....I am glad LOL

Hugs
Carrie