This morning Christine woke to the smell of cooking fish from the next bed on the other side of the curtain. The people had kept their light on all night so she slept with eye patches on to keep out the light. They were preparing breakfast.
Cailean is great. He is now off the intravenous and is getting tylenol and advil. He is eating and filling the diapers. He wants to eat less and more often and so Christine's sleep was poor. He is lifting his head without problems and is smiley and happy. She is so pleased.
They are scheduled to be in the hospital for another five days. Christine says that the other kids in the room seem to stay for far longer that we keep people in the hospital here. She is going to ask in they can have a bit of a shorter stay and go back to the Best Western where they were before.
She is experiencing motherhood; interrupted sleep, diaper changes, fussy kid, noise, settling him down just in time for someone else to wake him up. Much as it is difficult, she would not have it any other way.
She will try to get to Starbucks when a volunteer comes to relieve her (assuming a volunteer comes to relieve her) and post some pictures and details.
Rose and Nathaniel have both done well with their surgeries and Amanda took them back to Starfish today. Christine and Cailean are on their own in Shanghai!
Iain
PS - how long is raw chicken good for in the fridge? i don't want to poison myself while Christine is gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is great that all is going well with the kids... Iain... my little bit of advice about the chicken... cook it and eat it now... better to be safe then sorry... don't want that chicken coming to life and walking out of the fridge... I don't want you poisoned either cause I don't want to be the one blamed on your poisoning since I am the first to comment nor do I want to lead you down the garden path with the wrong info...heheh
Iain...you should be ordering out for food!!!!!!!! :) I would take Fliss advise...cook it! (as long as it doesn't smell or look funny)
Take care and thanks for posting about Christine's journey at the hospital. I am not sure that I could live under those circumstances. Cheers to Christine!
Tell her I said hello! And I can't wait to hear more!
Carrie
For the chicken, definitely cook it if it's not already too late...
For the news, thanks so much it's great to read everybody is well. Whaoo she's on her own in Shangai, what an experience! Christine you're doing such a great job, I don't even know you but I am so proud of you.
Hope you can go back to the hotel and enjoy some Starbucks.
Hi Christine, happy to read that Cailean's surgery went well,.They are all such beautiful babies,and easy to love I'm sure . Take care ,
Love Betty & Dad
Christine, oh how those days of sleepless nights and diaper changes are such a memory! Is that good or bad? I am so glad that all is going well with his recovery, he is a strong boy and he must be so happy you are there with him. Uncle Iain, please stick to the basics or go frozen food choices for awhile, we love you too much to risk anything else! Hee hee
Renee
Eh - I'm kind of a "throw caution to the wind and eat it as long as it doesn't smell funny or have mold on it" kind of gal.
I haven't died from anything yet so my plan must work on some level. I've never even had food poisoning as far as I know. :)
Post a Comment