Monday, September 22, 2008

Great first night!

Wow...so far we are really lucky! She can sleep!!! She fell asleep last night in Iain's arms at 6:30 pm. She slept through our entire paperwork session from 7:00 to 7:40. We came back to the room, changed her and put her to bed. She slept until 4:30 a.m.!!!! Not a peep. She woke up so happy. I gave her a bottle and she is back to sleep. We want to wake her so we can play! :)

While I was giving her her bottle she just stared at me. She has amazing eye contact...which is a great sign for bonding. She is very content little girl and is happy in Mommy or Daddy's arms. Today we have to be down in the lobby for 8:00 a.m. to head out for the morning. Today is our official adoption day. Today she becomes "officially" our baby girl.

She is one tough girl. She is solid. She is almost 9 months old and fits perfectly into 9 month clothing. But I bet it won't be long and she is wearing 12 months.

Getting ready for her bath....


Asleep in Daddy's arms....


Here is a little video from yesterday. Not sure if it will come through?



THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! Keep them coming! :) We love reading them and we feel very blessed to have all of you. Can't WAIT for everyone to meet our little girl.

P.S. Today her Daddy wants to see her in Plaid! Good thing Mom is looking after her wardrobe... hee hee... none of that in her suitcase! ;)

Yesterday while we were waiting to meet our daughter we went out looking to buy some water. Susan, we did find Tiffany's put she was closed! I was dissappointed. I hope she is open today! :) thanks for directions...it was very easy to find. We ended up walking to Walmart. It felt like we were in a steam bath. We easily found diapers, wipes and water!!! For those about to travel to China...you need to experience China's Walmart!

What the heck it is 5:45 a.m. and she is still sleeping! We want to play!!!! We know this won't last and we are feeling very lucky right now. I guess she is letting us have our first morning coffee as parents together.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth wanted to me to let you know "skin to skin" contact for bonding....what do I know???

Wow.....she is a dream already!!!!! You all look amazing....hope you are having fun playing now. It must all feel so surreal!!! Enjoy every moment of it....Mommy and Daddy!!

Marn

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You sound like me when my niece was born... she would be sleeping and my mum and I would be coughing etc to wake her up... just so we could play with her... what a precious little angel she is... you know... I still cannot believe that you have her - finally...

Anonymous said...

wow - she let you sleep - fantastic! she is soooo cute - we're overwhelming happy or all 3 of you - the tears are over-flowing! i woke up this morning in the middle of a dream about mary anne! i'm addicted to your blog, i keep checking for more photos, so keep um coming.
lots of love
pam & ricky

Anonymous said...

Keep the photos coming, they are so beautiful. Tell the truth, who fell asleep first, Iain or Mary Anne? No plaid? I could have sent you some from Nova Scotia...
Can't wait to see yous all together at home as a family. The office will be buzzing that day!
cheers, Jules

Kathy said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going smoothly. She seems like such a little doll. I think that I would want to wake her up too to play with her. Oh well plent of time for that.
Enjoy!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Yay! More pictures and updates!! I feel like an information junkie now - I keep checking your site for more, more, more! I love the new pics. You look RADIANT. My favorite is the one of her sleeping in her crib - like a perfect angel! I remember the Wal-Mart well - quite the, ahem, deli eh. I did think they had quite a nice baby dept. though. I hope you have the most wonderful day as a family. Keep the pics and updates coming when you have time.
Love,
Michelle etc....
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now I'm even checking the blog at work for updates!! (Don't tell Iain)

Karolyn and I were wondering what kind of night you had had - she's obviously very content.

More pics please.

Dena x

Anonymous said...

Uh! I was just looking at the pic of her in the crib again after I posted and I blew it up. My breath caught when I saw the kitty tucked in with her. Now I've got more tears flowing! Both of our Golden Pig sisters on opposite sides of the world are snuggled in tight with Clara Kitten tonight.
Aww.. geez, I gotta go get some kleenex I am snotting all over my keyboard.

Michelle

the mommy said...

Ahhhh China Wal-Mart it is an experience everyone should have... I am so glad that you are having a good time and that Mary Ann is adjusting so well. She is really a beautiful baby. The picture if her sleeping in her crib brought tears to my eyes. Sophia's crib was white and had the same bedding. It made me think they could be the same crib and bedding how neat... Don't worry Tiffanies will be open and she and Jack are the nicest people. Don't forget to check out the grocery store around the corner from the hotel it is really great and o much closer than Wal-Mart. Hey how was crossing the street? And don’t leave Nanchang without getting in a Taxi cab for a ride...LOL....Now that is an experience everyone should have.

Juliette said...

Congratulations Mommy and Daddy! It's great she is going easily with both of you. Maƫlle was the same and it makes life easier when you learn how to be parents.
She looks very healthy and strong...Mommy will soon have to run after you Mary Anne!!!

Enjoy China for us and your lovely girl.
Thanks for the pics, they are lovely (no video though).

rachel garber said...

She is HUGE, I love it! You look sooooo happy - I am constantly checking your blog . . .

Shelly said...

Okay...so tell little Miss Mary Anne that Jessa Li said "no fair letting your Mama and Baba sleep!!! Remember the deal - you cry, they hold you!!! Worked for me everytime!!!"

ha! ha! LOL! :)

What a happy, happy baby she is - so peaceful in her Hello Kitty crib sheets. :) She is just angelic! I especially love the photo of you feeding her her bottle and her little fist curled up in the air - so sweet!!!

Now don't sleep too long sweetie because your Mama is just itching to tickle your toes and make you giggle!!! :) hee hee!

hugs!
Shelly & Jessa "Li Li" who STILL does not like to sleep...fun! fun! :)

Beth said...

Wow, sooo happy for the two of you. I too thought you were lit up like a light bulb holding that little miracle! I love the sleeping one too. Wow, seeing all those pics brings back so many memories of our time in Nachang too. I'm sure you'll mention who you have for a guide. We had Cindy. It's such an incredible time - enjoy every minute (I know you don't need anyone to tell you that) Can't wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

Christine and Iain, I am so happy for you and your precious Mary Anne. She is beautiful! You have been parents for a long time, it is wonderful that now you have her in your arms.

Blessings,
Eunice

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mama and Baba!!!!
Mary Anne is now where she belongs with her forever family!!! It is such an amazing miracle of the heart to become a family knit together in love. I am so happy to see how wonderful she looks.

Blessings to you all,

Cindy F. and family