Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wednesday morning here in China

Thanks so much for all the suggestions regarding the bottle. She finally drank 5 oz at around 3:00 a.m. She sucked it back. I tried a different nipple. I forgot that I had brought two types. Another mother here suggested that. Her little girl is from the same orphanage as Mary Anne. But now this morning she won't even look at it. :) She is also struggling with a bit of a cold and hasn't yet had a BM! All the parents are talking about their daughters and their BM. Only one has had one so far out of 7 babies. tee hee There were high fives all around for that sweet little Iris. I think we will be passing the prune juice around later today.

I have also failed to mention the most amazing thing...Mary Anne is potty trained. If you stick her on the potty (the hotel provides a cute little horse type one) and whistle she will pee. Amazing! So we have tried a few times to see if she will poo but no luck. The orphanage puts the babies on the potty at a very young age. It is a bit easier due to the split pants.

She was a little fuzzy through the night. But I have to say I did not mind at all as it is nice to be needed and it feels good to be able to settle her.

We will take the camera to dinner so we can get some shots of her in the high chair. She is hilarious. She is so VOCAL! she gets everyone's attention. She hits the tray, laughs, giggles and jumps up and down. Boy can she take back the Congee!

Here is the view from our hotel room. We over look a track and everyday people are out practising for a parade. October 1st is China's National Day.




Today we go to the Temple. It will be nice to get out and see some of the city of Nanchang.

Here is another cute video of our happy little baby. We are learning all her little habits. While in bed she wraps her hands around her duvet and pulls it up to her face.




Well I better go shower while Mary Anne is still sleeping.

Thanks again for all the comments! Boy do we enjoy reading them. We feel closer to home!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey she has Hello Kitty! Great taste at such a young age! The BM in the pottie will happen very easily. Once you get her home & comfy, just let her run around the house with no undies. Bella & Iain should like that! A few accidents later & voila trained. Oh you are going to have so much fun & a ton of laughs. Your cheeks will hurt from laughing. cheers, Jules

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What an experience to be there for National Day... it is one thing to celebrate it in our homelands but to celebrate the festival in the country it comes from... whooo hooo... had a giggle about the whistling and peeing... hehehe... fingers crossed that is the case for me... save alot of $$$$ on diapers... hehehehe... take care and hope you get the BM soon... :)

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A MOTHER!!!!!!!! I am so happy for both you and Iain :) Mary Anne is absolutely beautiful!!!!! Can we arrange for her and Anthony to meet????? hehehehe!!! I love seeing her with the two of you...I am crying as I view this blog...I had to stop and take a break because the photos were so emotional to watch...I loved seeing you holding your baby..On a side note, on the day you met Mary Anne, I was at Celine Dion concert here in Ohio, who is my all time favorite...I was thinking about you the whole time and wondering if today was the day. I just knew you had her in your arms. I just knew you would bond quickly too. Its an awesome feeling! She is adorable. ENJOY!!!
Hugs Hugs Hugs!!!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

TOO cute for words. The kids and I keep playing the videos over and over. She is so HAPPY. You can tell she just loves life!!!!

Potty Trained....a dream.....

Keep the pictures coming.

marn and gang

Anonymous said...

WOW, she's soooo cUTE!!! Keep those videos coming... enjoying every minute!

Jet

Anonymous said...

Hi y'all!

I'm so thrilled for you three!
Huge happy congratulations!! It's such fun reading this and knowing you are all over the moon.

When you play 'peek a boo' don't say boo because it sounds like bu which means NO in Chinese. ;-)

And try some light massage to help Mary Anne with her bms. Just massage her tummy and legs, and move her legs like she is on a bicycle.

I know mums in Canada who do elimination communication with their babies too. There's a book written by a local woman about it.

Cuddle Mary Anne skin to skin too and in the bath with her. It does a great job for bonding...a bit like a re-birth.

Happy hugs from Ruth