Ok today was a long day. We thought we were exhausted yesterday. Today was way worse.
We left the hotel at 8:30 a.m. and did not get back until 7:30 p.m......11 hours out and about with a baby! ;) This will be a short quick post as I am heading to bed. First I need to say Mary Anne ROCKS! This kid handled the day with grace. We love her so much and is bringing us so much joy. I love that we are now a part of the crazy chaos kids can bring.
We first went to the Jade Factory. It is a tradition in China that a Mom buys a jade bracelet and passes it on to her daughter when she marries. So I had to buy a Jade Bracelet. :) We then headed to the Great Wall. OMG! it is unbelievable. I don't think any of the photos we took do it justice. We choose along with several other families to do the tougher route. We had a great time and the weather was perfect. The view is astonishing. Of course Mary Anne was strapped on Iain. I had the baby supplies and water. We were at the wall a couple of hours then headed to lunch. We then drove to the Water Cube and the Bird's Nest from the 2008 Olympics. Unfortunately we were not able to go inside as you needed tickets and the line was a mile or more long. We did get some photos. We then headed home which took forever as some high official decided to shut down the major highway for some VIPs. It was CRAZY! Thank heaven I had some food for Mary Anne. She was awesome. You just bounce her up and down and up and down a million times and she does well. She is one active little girl. The smile she had on her face while walking the Great Wall made me realize she is going to LOVE the Baby Jogger. Gosh I could just eat her up!
Tomorrow we get the morning off which will be nice. I think we will walk around the neighbourhood. We are heading to the Summer Palace and Silk Market in the afternoon.
Here are some photos:
She already loves the Jade Bracelet. :)
10 comments:
Great pics of course!
I had a feeling it would be too late but Brian had to do some work first before we could get our chance on the computer!! We need to set up our computer then we will be able to call when we are ready. Of course then I could not figure out how to work it,I hope we did not disturb anyone. The kids were still excited to see your face:)! We will try again tommorow night after work. I hope you get a gooodnights sleep. Happy thoughts.
Renee Isabelle and Nat!!xoxoxoxo
I know you are dead tired but you all look like you are having a blast together. You look like a happy family on vacation. Each on of you in these photos is sporting a big old grin!! Very sweet.
She is just getting cuter by the day! Those pictures of the Great Wall look very familiar - Julie and I were there a year and a week ago! I can't believe how time has flown!
I am so glad everyone is doing awesome!!! Mary
Anne radiates such happiness. Oh that face!!!! I remember feeling like I could go anywhere and do anything with our baby once we got home from China because you pretty much push the limits with them in country (planes, buses, time frames) It is a "trial by fire" of sorts and you learn how resilient and adaptable the babies are! Our family is enjoying your pictures and video clips. Hopefully you can give us some advice about Nanchang after you get home. :)
Blessings to you all.
Cindy F. ( soon to be mama to Xiu Na )
Congratulations! I've been traveling and have just returned home. One of the first things I had to do was read about your amazing trip. It's brought back so many memories.
Do lots of shopping. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't buy more Chinese outfits for Sophie.
Bill, Linda and Sophie from Kristen's group.
Another really good thing to buy in China is DVDs. They generally cost about 8 rmb each. Buy all the kids ones like Pixar and Disney movies because you KNOW that you'll all love 'em. They are nice and light to transport as well.
Pearls are great to get too. A decent enough string can be had for 100rmb. You can get stud earrings for 8 or so!
Thank you so much for sharing your joy and excitement with us.
cheers and hugs from Ruth(Marnie's Domestic Goddess)
I think you got the cutest baby in China!!!!!!
Love you,
Lucy Lu
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to go on the Great Wall... a life long dream... as for Mary Anne... oh she looks as happy as a clam... just to cute to mention... love all the photos... take care
Absolutely love all your photos and daily journals - thanks for sharing your journey. Mary Anne is just stunning. Don't you just love the silk market? There's a guy in there that will do a charcoal portraits while you wait (about 45 minutes) and they are great!! Enjoy the rest of your precious time in China.
Val and Olivia
So wonderful to read your blog and to see how happy you are! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment