Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Another Great Day!

My day started with a great walk around the Large Wild Goose Pagoda.




Then off to Starfish for the morning and then to the Women's Cultural Museum in the afternoon. Tonight after dinner we had a gentleman in to talk about Calligraphy. What beautiful art. He wrote each of us any word we wanted. I choose "Faith". It is absolutely beautiful and I look forward to having it framed when I return home. The Women's Cultural Museum was amazing! I am so happy that I read books like Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Peony in Love, Wild Swan and Life and Death in Shanghai. The museum ment so much more. It was like the stories came alive in this museum. I video taped a lot of the information the guide provided and I look forward to one day sharing with Mary Anne the history of the women in China.

Everyday I fall more and more in love with the children at Starfish and this Country. Words cannot express how beautiful all these children are. At this moment two of the children are adopted and waiting for their Forever Families. Guess who arrived at the door of Starfish just before lunch?? STARBUCKS! Can you believe it. A bunch of employees from Starbucks came by with a bag full of goodies for the Nannies and some of the children. I got some great shots of some of the children digging into a Starbucks bag. Isn't she just adorable???

My little guy Cai-Lean slept a lot this morning so I found some other little ones to cuddle.

Tomorrow I can look forward to another great FULL day at Starfish and then in the evening we are scheduled to go to a puppet show and tea ceremony.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a great job to spend time cuddling the children. I would want to take them all home with me.