It was an emotional day for me today at Starfish. A lot of things seemed to sink in. That I am leaving in 1 1/2 weeks and may never see the children of starfish again. The children that have really touched my heart. Everyday I am amazed at what Amanda is doing for these children. She is an amazing women and has so much energy and love for the children at Starfish. I was sad today for the children that have not yet been matched, for Sara, Shawn, Rebecca, Antoinette, Lily, Nathaniel, Michael, Genie, Erika, Cai-Lean, Rachel, Olivia, Jasmine, Heather, Gabriele, Jade and Daniel. I hope they get matched soon. I was also sad for Anthony and Ana they need their families! It just doesn't seem right...there are so many waiting families. I realized today that these children have absolutely nothing that belongs to them. They share all toys and clothing. I pray that they all get matched soon so they can experience the joys of having a loving family.
Just prior to leaving today I was playing with Sara. When I had to leave I put her down. She
SCREAMED, cried (real tears), outstretched her arms and yelled MAMA! It broke my heart that I was breaking her heart. Sara is such a darling. She needs some loving! She needs to be tucked in at night and hear "I love you" and know the person that said that will be there the next morning.
Oh boy how am I going to leave. I cried coming here because I didn't know how I was going to be away from Iain for one month now I am going to cry going home for all the children I am going to miss.
This made me smile:
I have more videos of Anthony that I will post in the morning. He was a ham today and gave me LOTS of fun opportunities to video tape him! :)
Tomorrow I am going with Amanda and another volunteer to the Xi'an Orphanage. I am very excited about this. There are apparently 600 children at this orphanage. Why we are waiting so long for Mary Anne I have NO idea! I hope I am not as emotional as I was today. I have to hold myself together tomorrow. :)
4 comments:
Hi Christine
It does seem ridiculous doesn't it?Beaurocracy works (???) paralysingly slowly and has no heart. You, on the other hand, have a huge heart and would care for all the orphaned children of the world! You and others like you are ready, willing and able but are forced to wait for some faceless beaurocrat to approve your application. What service does this provide for the many children, who wait to experience the love of a family?
Wendy
Hi Christine
You are right...parents like you and I long for a child to love and cherish forever. I never understood why it does take so long. There are more children available then parents! Your Mary Anne will come when the time is right. I can't explain it, but timing is everything. It will be a perfect miracle when she comes home...you have to believe that :) Take care! Thanks for posting about Anthony! He will truly miss you! You are welcome in Ohio anytime to visit and we can even meet somewhere in Michigan if you want! :) Have a good day. Carrie
You had me crying this morning too!! I have been having the kids watch your videos too. It is such a learning experience for them. I don't think you will ever be the same after this experience. It will be beyond hard to leave them. Life can be so cruel! They however have been so lucky to have an angel like you touch them and show them that love can be found and that one day someone will love them so much too! Soon you will have Mary Anne. She too is being touched by someone preparing her for your love...I can only hope and pray for that!
Ok, I am in tears here too!! Your words, videos and attachment to these precious children just makes it seem so real. At times, with the wait extending to who knows how long, it seems like it is all so unreal. Thank you for sharing the reality, I can't tell you how much it means to know that people like you are there, giving these little ones your love and attention.
Post a Comment