I started volunteering today. What an experience. There are a total of 20 children ranging from 2 months to 2 years. What darlings they all are. This little guy, Kai-Lim was my favourite today. He has spina bifida. There are kids everywhere!!! I could easily be holding three at a time if the kids would let you. It is amazing. I had such a wonderful morning. I was only there from 8:30 to 11:30. Tomorrow I am staying for the entire day. I can't wait. Starfish is a wonderful place. What an amazing job Amanda at Starfish is doing.
I had a great day and feeling more comfortable in my surroundings. I even got to a gym today! Patrick, Cindy and I successfully took a cab to a gym, negotiated a deal and worked out. I ran on the treadmill which overlooked the street and the complete madness. It was awesome to run and watch the action. Last night we got the Muslim Market and I did some good bargaining. I think by the end of the month I will be an expert. Taking a cab everywhere is very cheap but what a ride.
Here are some more photos of my new friends:
Heather
4 comments:
Dear Christine,
I am so happy for you you arrived safe and sound and that you feel comfortable in your new surrounding.
Kids are so precious. Thanks for the pictures! And thanks so much for the work you and the other people (especially Amanda) do at Chinese Starfish and all the love you give to these kiddos.
Enjoy every moments of this fabulous experience.
This 'Blog' thing is so great!!!! I can't wait to get to the computer in the morning to see what's new.
I loved seeing your smiling face peering out of the screen with an adorable little baby in your arms.
Love
Kathryn
Hi Christine,
You're there!!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you. You look thrilled to be holding little Kai-Lim. I trust your experience there will be rich and life altering.
Sending you hugs. Carla
Just amazing. I want to be there with you. I love seeing the little children and hearing your impressions on China. Keep them coming.
Post a Comment