Monday, September 17, 2007

Muslim Market

We went to the Muslim Market (old city) again last night. This place is a lot of fun. You really see the culture and there are people everywhere. It is such a lively fun place. We often get people coming up to us asking us where we are from and wanting to practise their English. We met this one guy, Johnathon, who insisted on hanging with us the entire evening at the Market. He ended up doing a fair bit of translating for us. When we would walk into a shop and say "ok it was nice meeting you". He would say "no if ok I stay and wait for you" or he would come in. He was very sweet.

We went for another massage and this time decided to take a rickshaw from the market. Oh my what a ride! Hilarious. Here is a video clip. I will have to do this again before I leave!

Video is not downloading so I will have to try again later.
Miss everyone very much!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine, your blog is amazing! Every day I check to see what adventures you have had. Looks like you are having a fantastic time and really making a difference to the lives of the children. Glad you are enjoying so much of what China has to offer.

Must phone and invite Iain for dinner, although he is probably booked up until you get home :)

Monica

Juliette said...

Christine,

you are so radiant on the videos! You will be such a great and beautiful Mom.
Using your waiting time to go in China where your daughter is from to help other kiddos, is the most beautiful gift you could ever done!
Bless you...