My morning started with a Starbucks coffee! First time since arriving in China. It was so nice to get a little bit of the comfort of home. I just missed sharing it with my friend, Kathryn! :)
We then went to the Muslim Market and the chaos. The Muslim Market is located within the city wall and is the place to go to experience the culture. I did a bit of shopping. I found the cutest outfit for Mary Anne. I am sure it is the first of many that I find. :) Check out the guy trying to ride his bike down the middle of the market. They also drive through on scooters.
We learnt how to play Mah Jong this afternoon. It is kind of like playing Rummy but with tiles. It is a lot of fun. You have to play with four people. I can see becoming addicted.
Here is a little slide show of Bikes in China. Gee, and I think carrying stuff in two saddle bags is tough! Chinese people are very hard workers.
I am feeling a little home sick today. So hello to everyone and I miss you.
5 comments:
Darling Christine...we miss you too! I have been emailing you every day from my gmail account. Do you get them? You sure are having an amazing journey. I am so envious of you. I wish I had done something like this long ago. Maybe one day I can too!! I love all those kiddies! They melt my heart.
Hey Christine
I can tell you are feeling a little homesick - it's natural and probably coz you are doing this on your own, albeit by choice. It will pass I'm sure and you'll be home again before you know it. In the meantime savour everything you can before it's all a distant memory.
Chin(s) up kiddo.
Luv
Wendy
Hi Christine
We miss you too!
We love this blog and it is now such a part of our morning routine to look at it. Have you eaten any dumpings yet? Enjoy your adventure!!!
Love Nikki
I love all these bikes. And I think I would love to play mahjong too.
I am sure it's not easy to be far like that on your own but you're doing great (and you look great!).
Keep the great work and keep these posts coming.
It's nice to feel like we're there with you.
Hang in there Christine,
We're there with you everyday through your blog, you'll be home before you know it and wishing you had more time there. Anne
Post a Comment