Monday, September 17, 2007

Video clip for Isabelle, Aidan and Natalie

My nieces and nephew have asked for a video of me. Apparently they did not want to just hear my voice they wanted to see me in action. :) So here I am. This is Daniela from today at Starfish. She had minor heart surgery and is now perfectly fine. She is a cutie and loves trying to walk. She is really tiny and has big bright eyes.

Cai-Lean ended up getting his MRI on Friday! Yipeee! we do not have to go back to the Hospital. Amanda from Starfish mentioned that poor Cai-Lean and Erika were sick all Friday night and Saturday. Poor little things. Cai-Lean is gaining weight which is super! As they really want him to be 5 kg. before they will consider doing the surgery. Last Thursday he drank a 7 oz bottle for me...so I stuck him on the scale. He weighed 5.1 kg!!!! He was 4.5 kg when I arrived. He feels and looks heavier. He is getting the cute jubby legs, arms and cheeks with dimples that you just want to squeeze!!!

I keep forgetting to tell the story about the Cab Company. Remember a week ago last Friday myself and a couple other volunteers had a bad experience with a cab driver. I posted that he had taken us on a long ride in order to charge a higher price. I mentioned the fee was 42 YUAN instead of the usual $10 YUAN. Our director here called the company on Saturday to complain and on Monday the Cab Company came by the Home Base to apologize in person!! I could not believe it....three men showed up. They apologized gave us our money back and advised us that the cab driver had been suspended three days as well he had 2 points taken off his license (they have a 12 point system). Unbelievable the response we received. Jerome, our director, advised us to always get a receipt if we think there is a problem. Well...it was great we listened and got the receipt! You would never see this in Canada!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so democracy is alive and well in china after all - at least as far as your Cab company is concerned. Good for your director for following up!
Cheers
Wendy

Unknown said...

Hey Christine! It's so awesome hearing your stories and experiences and seeing all those great photos. We can really get a taste of what you're seeing every day! Just finished "The Girls", looking forward to discussing at the next book club when you're back. Enjoy the rest of your time, I know you will, it'll be hard to leave! bye for now,
Chris

Marnie said...

You look so happy and so young!! They are bringing such life to you. I never thought you could look better but you are really shining!

RoLo said...

I am so excited about your journey, I have been following the Chinese Starfish site for a while and we too are waiting to travel to China for our munchkin. Your posts are so enjoyable and meaningful. Thank you for sharing.