Another younger lady approached me to do the Second Reading. I couldn't believe it. Those who know me well know I can get pretty nervous doing presentations etc... Of course I had to say yes...and there I was, 15 minutes later, up on the alter saying the second reading. I managed not to be to nervous telling myself that most of them could not speak English very well. I wonder how often they get foreigners to do the readings?
Here is a photo of the beautiful Catholic Church in Xi'an.
We went to "Art Street" today. I found some great souvenirs and the cutest pair of shoes for Mary Anne. A girl can never have too many shoes!
I also bought a stamp with Mary Anne's name engraved on the bottom. The stamp has a Pig on the top for the "year of the pig". Here is a photo of the guy engraving Mary Anne's name. Everything is so cheap here and it is so fun bargaining!!!! "I am gettin' good!" They punch in a price on a calculator and then you punch in a price you are willing to pay. They say "no no no no" while punching in another price. Then you say "no no no no" while punching in the same price or just a little bit higher. If they say no you walk away and they come chasing after you giving it to you for the price you were willing to pay.
This guy was amazing. Instead of signing a piece of art the Chinese stamp their name.
Here are some other photos from the day:
Art Street
This isn't the best shot. I took it from the back seat of the cab through the security bars out the front window. You could not pay me enough to do this job! Oh my gosh with the crazy drivers this would be a death wish. He is standing right in the middle of an intersection where no one pays attention to any traffic signals etc etc...they just drive when they want and where they want.
Traffic Controller
Tomorrow I am back holding Cai-Lean!
Some things that I miss:
Brushing my teeth with tap water!
Drinking water from the tap!Putting toilet paper in the toilet!
Blue Sky!
Fresh Air!
2 comments:
Christine, This is such an amazing trip. Once again I am in awe of the things you experience! What a journey you have taken.
Ren
I am glad for you you could go to Mass and I am sure they were delighted to have you do the reading.
I love the shoes they are very cute.
Have a great week!
Post a Comment