Thursday, September 06, 2007

Scenes from the day

Today I was at Starfish for the entire day. Yes...I had Cai-Lean the entire time. He is basically mine now. When I walk in the Nannies just pass him over. Today I gave him a bath! What a riot. He was kicking and kicking. He loved it. After the bath I coated him in lotion and gave him a little massage and then found the cutest outfit. I ended up changing him three times today. I couldn't resist. It is just wonderful giving him all this one on one attention!! I feel sad leaving him at the end of the day and wonder if he is crying out to be picked up. What am I going to do at the end of this month??? I also had fun taking a few of the girls into the bathroom, washing them up and putting them in some cute dresses. One little girl, Sara, walked over to me today threw out her arms and said "mama". These kids are tugging at my heart.



My little guy's clean feet!










Egg Lady





Large Wild Goose Pagoda





We went to the Giajiadayuan Museum tonight for a puppet show and tea ceremony. Both were amazing. Check out this puppet!

Check out the Colgate!! I have to get to bed but wanted to post this last photo. I went to the local SUPER store yesterday. I have another funny story I have to remember to tell you tomorrow. How does anyone make a decision on which toothpaste to buy? Well I guess they have to have a lot of toothpaste to supply 8 million people!

6 comments:

Juliette said...

Great pictures again! Thanks

the mommy said...

Christine, I wanted to let you know that I have been watching your journey. What you’re doing is fantastic thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.

Susan R

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine
I'm just loving your blogspot! Did you attach the music by Curtis Chapman? It fits your journey so well and it resonates with your quest for your little girl. You are meant for motherhood, girl!
Luv
Wendy

Elizabeth said...

China is just so different in a weird and wonderful way. Love the photos.

redmaryjanes said...

I am a huge fan of Amanda. Please tell her that I say hello. How amazing that you are there. I think I would have bawled if that little girl called me mama.
It's wonderful that you volunteered to help.

Unknown said...

hey Christine!
thank you so much for keeping us posted on your amaizing time over there - it seems like you're having quite an experience and adjusting well!! i'm so happy that you are holding babies - i'm just afraid you might not come home now :)
i'm headed to victoria this weekend to start the iui cycle, so send me good baby vibes from china, ok?
lots of love
pam xo