This afternoon we went on a tour at the Traditional Medicine Hospital. Initially we observed some acupuncture treatments. One of the patients was 96 years old! We toured around to some of the different specialized areas such as gynaecology, ENT and paediatrics. It was really neat. I did not see one computer during the entire tour. Even admissions at the front were writing down notes.
Here is a photo of the Pharmacy. Each drawer contains different herbs. There is a ton! The patient takes their prescription to the pharmacy and the order is made. You could smell the herbs as soon as you walked into the hospital.
We met one of the top traditional medicine specialists in this Province, Dr. An Jun Ming, and he did a quick assessment of us by testing our heart rate and looking at our tongue. Well, he told me I had an upset stomach and I do! That I struggle with stomach problems and I do!! He said he could tell because the back of my tongue was black and it is!! Now I am addicted to looking at my tongue. He said to eat more vegetables. Here is a photo of Dr. An Jun Ming and me.
Tonight we are going to ride bikes along the top of the city wall. Apparently it is nice to do it in the early evening to see the lights.
4 comments:
Christine. You already eat a lot of vegetables!
Ren
Hi Christine
Your stomach will be even more "upset" with more vegetables - if you know what I mean. Night riding around the city wall sounds wonderful. You are really getting a full experience aren't you?
Luv Wendy
Christine your Blog is just fantastic, we are enjoying it so much!
That is AWESOME that you are able and willing to put the photos and video clips together for these waiting families. They'll be treasured forever.
Miss you lots!
Love,
Kathryn
Hey Christine
Sorry I haven't contacted sooner, but I have been blind for the last week on ty 3's and sleeping pills. No its not a typical day for the wob's, i finally got my eyes done and I can sort of see!
Nikki's been feeding me stuffed peppers and other crazy food.
We're both here looking at your amazing pictures and your stories and are so happy for you. I think I might have to join you! keep sendning us updates and can't wait to "see" you when you get back!
love
Laura and nikki
Post a Comment